Thursday 13 June 2019

Pizza!

This afternoon Room 4 compared one of Italy's most famous pizza's with the most popular pizza flavour sold in America - pepperoni. We have just completed an inquiry on Europe and now we have started to investigate North America.

We started by watching a video about Italian cuisine and then we did some googling to work out what America's favourite pizza flavour is. We found out a lot about pizza - it is a popular dish worldwide!

We then created the pizzas in both styles. The Italian pizza was a Margherita, which originated from Naples. The story behind is that it was made for Queen Margherita as it shows the colours of the Italian flag. It is made from tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. We used a little bit of olive oil on the crust to make it nice and crispy.

The pepperoni pizza had tomato sauce (with sugar and herbs like oregano), pepperoni and mozzarella. We didn't put any oil on this pizza, but it was quite greasy due to the ingredients on it.

Some of the comments that the class made were:

Pepperoni is more greasy
The Italian pizza looks better
The Italian pizza has better texture.
Pepperoni pizza is really just meat and cheese
American Pizza is more popular because you can taste the fat and sugar.
The Italian Pizza Is very Flavourful and tasty. You can tell they used fresh ingredients.






5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora PES Room 4!

    My name is Katelynn, I am a year 8 at Grey Main School in Totara 1!

    Yum! Those pizzas look delicious! What is your favourite flavour of pizza? This reminded me of when we cooked the mince for our camp to Hanmer Springs. I like how you included photos of some of you eating the pizza.

    Katelynn
    Totara 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia, Ora PES Room 4. I am Jacob from Yaldhurst Model School I really enjoyed. This blog post about you guys making pizza the pizza looks really yum. Next time you should add like how to make this pizza so we could learn how to make it. But you really did a good job it looks delicious. But keep up the good work well I hope you guys enjoyed your pizza well bye.

    From Jacob.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Yumm!

    Kia ora room 4,

    My name is Jedi and I am a year eight in rimu class. That pizza looks super delisious. I love this post because you have added a photo, and a great description of what was going on. Wich pizza flavour was your favourite? From the way you describved the pizza's, I think mine would have been the margherita? Keep up the great work!


    Jedi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Room 4!

    I'm Dion and I'm a year 7 at Yaldhurst Model School.

    Those Pizzas look amazing! I like this post because you've added a few photos, a good description and you've made me hungry!
    Mine would have to be american pizza.
    What would be your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Room 4!
    I'm Teegan a year 7 student from YMS.
    Did you make all of those pizzas by yourselfs? They look too good to be true! I really liked how you challenged yourselfs to try and replicate a popular world wide dish! Keep up the great work!
    Kind Regards

    - Teegan

    ReplyDelete