Monday 14 September 2020

Why is Culture Important to Me? Toby

 I’m proud to represent my culture, Maori. I enjoy it because my immediate family always represent our culture other than our cousins who don’t usually celebrate it. I would like to show them what it means to believe in your culture and show them how important our culture is. My culture means nearly everything to me.

I love the feeling when the entire group is banded together and performing as one.

Last Saturday me and my family visited a funeral for Maua Pagaialii-Taulu when they were bringing the coffin outside the church my brothers, their friends, my father & me, brought our voices together and performed a haka as loud as a siren.

I wonder where I'd be if I hadn’t known my heritage. I’m proud to be Maori.


This place is very special to me because this is the home of my Maori Heritage, Rukumoana Marae. It’s also where my koro is buried, Ike Samuels.

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is awesome to show and tell others why this place is really special to you and the way you presented this is amazing you are representing your Maori culture. and that you want to share/show your cousins why this is important to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete