Wednesday 20 March 2019

The power of words

Today in Room 4 Literacy we have been discussing the power of our words. We considered that words are the buiding blocks of language; we cannot write a thing without them! We know that we can make our writing more effective when we use our words precisely.


Then we made a word wall of our favourite words - we called them juicy or sticky words, because we like the way they look, sound and the meaning behind them.


After making a class poster that was filled with different sticky words (cheers school kit for this!), we were given objects and we had to think of words that went with them.



What words could you think of that relate to this tiny ship in a bottle?


What words could you think of that relate to this compass?

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora PES Room 4!

    My name is Katelynn and I am a Year 8 at Grey Main School in Totara 1!

    Your blog post caught my eye as soon as I flicked onto your blog, it looks great with all the pictures you added. This reminded me of when my class did the word activity group, it had the tiny human figure! I found this activity fun and it looks like you did to. Maybe next time you could add some colour and maybe change the colour of you writing in the post but other than that it was really good.

    Keep up the great work PES Room 4!

    Katelynn
    Totara 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Room, 4 my name is Angelina and I am a year 7 student at Grey Main school.

    I like how you have showed us what you have been doing by using pictures that are clear and big.

    Next time you could make the writing bigger so it is easier to read.

    This reminds me of something my class did this week. When we got the small objects we closed our eyes and Miss Power (my teacher) put one of the objects in our hand and we had to write down words that describe the objects in our hand.

    What was you favourite activity?

    From - Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Room 4 My name is Jazmine I am a year 8 At Grey Main School.
    I like the way you have put a lot of information in this blog post.
    Maybe Next time you could make the writing a bit bigger so we can read it more easily.
    What was your favourite Object? Mine was the little boat in the jar
    From Jazmine

    ReplyDelete