Friday 25 January 2019

Makayla's summer learning journey

Makayla has also been participating in the summer learning journey. Check out some of her activities below!

Activity 1: Bee Informed
For this task I had to fill in the blanks relating to Bumblebees. The sentences I had to fill the blanks in are above, I filled in the blanks to the sentences. But there were key sentences/phrases/numbers. So I used those key information to fill in the blanks. The way I did that was by making the blank keys bold, so the key sentences/phrases/numbers that are made bold are the blanks.
My Full Sentences:
The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to hum, buzz, or drone.
Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometers per hour (km/h).
Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 90 percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.
Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to 50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.
The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the removal of wildflowers and flowering trees, habitat loss, and extensive use of pesticides.
Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don’t Stink!

Task Description: For this task I had to list down foods that I would put in my special draining sink. This draining sink makes the foods I chose drain away aka disappear. My list of foods are above go check it out.
First of all I would add spinach to my sink. I would add spinach because the texture of it makes me gag. I would also add seafood chowder to the sink. I would add this because when I first tried seafood chowder I didn't like it, but then it doesn't help I don't eat fish.
Activity 3: Flying Fungi

Task Description: For this task I had to solve the fungi problem. Then I had to explain/show my working out. My working out is next to me go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment