Thursday 3 June 2021

Fiafia 2021

We have just celebrated our school Fiafia or cultural night. Check out some of the students reflections!

 "Last night we had Fiafia, it's when our school goes into cultural groups and does a performance for the families that come and watch. The group I was in was the Senior Samoan group, when we went to perform everyone cheered for us joyfully. My favourite group was the Junior Hip group, along with the Tongan Girls, they were both so amazing because, both groups looked really interested in what they were doing,and tried so hard to make everyone proud, anyways, most of all it was very fun, and am pretty sure everybody enjoyed it as well."  - Norah Jade

"Last night, a special performance took place at Pt England School. It was the night of Fia Fia. When school finished, I just stayed, and hung out with my friend Rongo. I bought a mango Otai for me and some of my other friends. After hours of waiting, preparation for Fia Fia had finally began. Along with some of my friends like Devante, Jermaine, Chaun, Simon and Lucian, I was in the Hip-Hop group. Though it wasn't really cultural or anything, I was happy to be there! After quite a few groups, it was finally our turn! We went up on the stage and it was kind of nerve-racking... But I managed to stay in the positions of our dance. I had so much fun during our dance, dancing with my friends. At the end of our dance, we were tired, but relieved it was finished... Overall, it was a fantastic experience! My favourite dance to watch was probably the senior Samoan group, just 'cause it's my culture and it looked awesome!" - Austin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joseph here that very cool having a fiafia night.my school haven't had one yet and I don't think we might have one but i did have one in primary and I really like it because you can embrace your culture through dance and its just overall just really fun.What was your most favourite dance

    ReplyDelete