Friday 5 June 2020

Cupcake Company!

This week we have completed a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, maths) challenge which was to create our own bakery.

After learning about the challenge, we begun creating our 'brand'. We decided what our company was going to be like and then got to work developing a logo. Some of us decided that we would have a health focussed brand, while others wanted to market their bakery for families and children.



The next step was to design our product. Due to Covid, we are still not sharing food, so we had to use store brought plain cakes and then customise them ourselves. We decided what flavours we would add to the cakes using icing/ filling and toppings. We also measured the cakes so we could start building the packaging.

This was when our geometry knowledge was required as we had to use nets to build packaging that would fit our cupcakes. This was quite a challenge but we got there in the end!

In literacy we created adverts for our companies. We also wrote a description of our cupcakes to place on the packaging, to further entice our customers.

                                                             

Finally we created our products and got to taste our hardwork. We all came up with different designs which were fantastic!

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a whole lot of fun and the cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked out slide,it was very enjoyable and fun to do. Have a nice day,& thanks a lot

      Delete
  2. Hi i am Kingston those foods look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can I have a lemon 1 please??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi point england school my name is Michael from wesley intermediate I love the way you put lots f effort into those cupcakes and looked like a whole lot of fun and they all looked SCRUMPTIOUS!! I hope to see more great posts like this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these cupcakes were very fun to make and very tasty, but? making the box for these were a bit challenging when you stick one side the other would break,Anyway it was very fun and tasty i wish you were here to taste them.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Lyric and I go to Wesley Intermediate School. I am a student in room eight and I am a year eight. I was just scrolling down through your guys class blog and I was these amazing cupcakes. They look very delicous and yummy. I hope I can get a chance to make some like your ones because they look so yummy and creative and they look like they take hard work to make them and lots of time If I was to make one I would make my one with Captain America's sheild on top because hes my favourite super hero.
    Well that all I have to say for today hope you guys have a good day today and Blog You Later:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my names is Precious And I am a year 7 student at Pt England school in room 4. I'm super glad your really liked our post.We really enjoyed making these cup cakes. My favorite, was putting the icing on top. I may have failed but I bet it was worth it.

      I hope you make your cup cake look great when you make it.

      Kind regards
      Precious.

      Delete
  7. Hi my name is Kahurangi and i'm a year 7 student at pt england school making these cupcakes were fun and tasty, but making the box were a bit difficult for some, i wish you were here to taste them they were Delicious, Have a good day and i'll blog YOU later

    ReplyDelete